v. beat up clay; mix clay in water

English contemporary dictionary. 2014.

Игры ⚽ Нужно решить контрольную?

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Blunge — Blunge, v. t. To amalgamate and blend; to beat up or mix in water, as clay. [1913 Webster] …   The Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • blunge — [blunj] vt. blunged, blunging [< ? PLUNGE] Ceramics to mix (clay) with water blunger n …   English World dictionary

  • blunge — /blunj/, v.t., blunged, blunging. to mix (clay or the like) with water, so as to form a liquid suspension. [1820 30; b. BLEND and PLUNGE] * * * …   Universalium

  • blunge — verb /blʌndʒ/ To mix clay and water …   Wiktionary

  • blunge — [blʌn(d)ʒ] verb mix (clay or other materials) with water in a revolving apparatus, for use in ceramics. Derivatives blunger noun Origin C19: blend of blend and plunge …   English new terms dictionary

  • blunge — /blʌndʒ/ (say blunj) verb (t) (blunged, blunging) Pottery to mix (clay or the like) with water, forming a liquid suspension. {blend of blend and plunge} –blunger, noun …  

  • blunge —   v.t. v.i. mix clay and water for pottery; blend.    ♦ blunger, n. apparatus for such mixing …   Dictionary of difficult words

  • blunge — (in ceramics etc.) mix (clay etc.) with water. Derivatives: blunger n. Etymology: after plunge, blend …   Useful english dictionary

  • blungėti — blungėti, bluñgi, ėjo intr. Dkš taisytis, sveikti …   Dictionary of the Lithuanian Language

  • blunger — /blun jeuhr/, n. 1. a large container with rotating arms for mechanical mixing of clay with water. 2. a person who blunges. [1820 30; BLUNGE + ER1] * * * …   Universalium

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”